Central Gippsland Community Directory
Be the first to advertise in Central Gippsland Community Directory!
We are developing central.gippsland.guide for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Central Gippsland for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the community in Central Gippsland?
Community groups play an essential role in ensuring that people in Central Gippsland, Victoria, enjoy a better quality of life. Whether it's enhancing opportunities for cultural experiences, providing social support networks, or advocating for local issues, the region's community groups offer a wide range of benefits.
Here are the best community groups in Central Gippsland:
1. Gippsland Multicultural Services - Caters to the needs of migrants, refugees, and asylum seekers in Gippsland, particularly in Central Gippsland. The organisation provides support services, including counselling, translation, advocacy, and cultural competence training. Catering to the needs of diverse communities in the region, Gippsland Multicultural Services proves to be an essential support provider for many people in Central Gippsland. Contact them on 03 5174 2666.
2. Rural Australians for Refugees - a group of local citizens who are committed to advocating for refugees in Australia. This community group promotes awareness of the plight of refugees, offers support, and raises funds to contribute to refugee support services. Their primary aim is to change the public's perception of refugees and promote empathy, kindness and hope. Members meet to plan events, cultural exchanges, and social gatherings. They are a friendly group and welcome new members. Contact them on 03 5165 9129.
3. Central Gippsland Aboriginal Health and Housing Cooperative - is an indispensable resource for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Central Gippsland. The organisation offers a range of services, including housing, health, and community engagement. The Central Gippsland Aboriginal Health and Housing Cooperative is committed to addressing the inequalities that Indigenous people experience in housing and health and advocating for Indigenous issues. Contact them on 03 5144 5944.
4. Gippsland Rotary Centenary House - located in Traralgon, Gippsland Rotary Centenary House provides affordable accommodation to patients undergoing medical treatment and their families. The organisation provides a comfortable and supportive environment for patients and their families during a difficult time and relieves them of the burden of having to worry about accommodation cost. This community group proves to be a lifeline for many families in Central Gippsland who must travel to Melbourne or regional centres far from their home to access medical treatment. Contact them on 03 5173 8650.
5. Warrigal Community House - a community centre that caters to the needs of local people in the Central Gippsland region. Warrigal Community House offers a range of programs and activities designed to bring people together, enhance their skills and promote social inclusion and community building. From gardening and cooking classes to computer skills training and art classes, Warrigal Community House has something for everyone. Contact them on 03 5623 6032.
6. Gippsland Women's Health – Gippsland Women's Health is a community group that advocates for the health of women in the region. The organisation provides information, health promotion, and education services to improve the health and wellbeing of women. They believe women have the right to make informed decisions about their health and provide support on issues such as mental health and wellbeing, sexual and reproductive health, and prevention and screening of diseases. Contact them on 03 5143 1600.
7. Gippsland Carers Association - provides advocacy, support, and information to family carers of people with a disability, chronic illness or ageing-related health condition in the Gippsland region. They also offer a range of services such as respite and social activities to ensure carers have a healthy balance between their caring role and a life of their own. The Gippsland Carers Association is particularly relevant in Central Gippsland, where many people require care and support. Contact Them on 03 5142 4305.
Central Gippsland has a diverse community, and each of the community groups mentioned provides distinct benefits to the people in the region. Joining one of these community groups offers an opportunity to make a difference, get involved in the community, and support others. Contact each group for information about how you can support their work or get involved.
Central Gippsland Community Articles